Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s renowned Texas Medical Center. More than 600 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 31 locations in the Greater Houston area. Kelsey-Seybold offers quality medical care in 65 medical specialties. The organization operates the largest freestanding Ambulatory Surgery Center in the state of Texas and offers state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam and Varian Edge radiation therapy technology at a nationally accredited Cancer Center. An accredited Sleep Center, comprehensive laboratory services, advanced imaging and diagnostics, 19 onsite Kelsey pharmacies and one specialty pharmacy, and MyKelseyOnline, a secure web portal, are part of its comprehensive offerings. Kelsey-Seybold partners with major insurers to offer value-based commercial health plans. KelseyCare Advantage, a Medicare Advantage plan offered to Houston-area beneficiaries and affiliated with Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, has achieved the coveted 5-out-of-5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid for six consecutive years.
Kelsey-Seybold has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization and a Level 3 (highest) Patient-Centered Medical Home. Kelsey-Seybold has many physicians in the Greater Houston area certified for excellence in diabetes and heart and stroke care by the NCQA. In addition to these recognitions, Kelsey-Seybold is home to a nationally accredited Breast Diagnostic Center, and Endoscopy Center.
Kelsey-Seybold is actively seeking a Radiology Practitioner Assistant. The provider extender will work in a clinic setting supporting the Radiology Department. Day-to-day practice encompasses performing fluoroscopic and/or ultrasound guided procedures and reviewing general radiography and ultrasound images and dictating initial observations for the Radiologist. It is the expectation that the radiology physician assistant will extend the reach of the supervising radiologist in an effort to more effectively and efficiently provide optimum care to the Kelsey-Seybold patient population.
General Responsibilities & Office Duties:
- Perform gastro-intestinal fluoroscopy procedures
- Perform genito-urinary fluoroscopy procedures
- Perform fluoroscopic and/or ultrasound guided diagnostic and therapeutic musculoskeletal injections/aspirations
- Perform thoracentesis procedures
- Perform paracentesis procedures
- Perform lumbar puncture procedures
- Provide local anesthesia
- Dictate initial observations for the supervising radiologist
- Perform specific duties delineated by supervising radiologist
- Participate in communication with the radiologist, referring providers, nurses, and technologists in coordinating patient care
- Complete scheduling and follow-up protocols.
- Assist in the preoperative assessment, H&P, and preparation of the necessary paperwork and orders for scheduled cases.
- Minimum of 1-year experience is preferred
- Radiology Practitioner Assistant is preferred
- Interventional Radiology experience is preferred
- Has the ability to facilitate and incorporate the full breadth of RPA/RA training into the practice
- Able to perform high level medical judgement and decision-making skills
- Be a registered Radiology Practitioner Assistant (RPA) by the Certification Board for Radiology Practitioner Assistants; or a Radiology Assistant (RA) by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- Licensed Medical Radiologist Assistant by the Texas Medical Board
- Must be current in BCLS and ACLS
Radiology Practitioner Assistant