The Laboratory Supervisor will function under the direction of the Laboratory Manager and is responsible for overseeing day to day activities in the laboratory. This includes supervision of laboratory personnel, quality assurance and overseeing the collection, analyzing and use of lab data. This position will be required to travel to different sites.
Job Title: Clinical Laboratory Supervisor – Laboratory Services
Clinic Location: Main Campus
Department: Lab Services
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $76,505 – $94,496 (Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc.)
Required: Associates or Bachelor’s in a science related field of study.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Science
Required: 5 years of recent clinical laboratory experience in chemistry, hematology, diagnostic immunology, and urinalysis.
2 years in a leadership role in a clinical laboratory setting.
Preferred: 2 years of experience in training others in directly related work areas.
Required: MLT/MT ASCP or equivalent
Valid driver’s license
Required: Understanding of laboratory operations including policies and procedures.
Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Office and Laboratory Information Systems skills
Required: Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to deliver organized and concise presentations tailored to audience.
Excellent time management skills- ability to work independently and prioritize tasks to efficiently manage lab operations at multiple sites.
Proven work experience as a Training Coordinator, Trainer,
Valid vehicle insurance
Ability to develop and implement policy and procedures.
Ensures compliance with regulatory offices.
Ability to maintain high work efficiency and keep accurate records.
Ability to function independently and deal with multiple, simultaneous projects
Ability to operate in high-pressure situations
Knowledge of quality control, quality assurance principles and proficiency testing procedures
Superb attention to details
Excellent customer service skills, business etiquette, able to adhere to professional standards
Practical knowledge of routine laboratory equipment and procedures
Flexibility with working hours for meetings and training
Flexibility to work overtime as needed.
Must be able to travel various sites
Effective leadership skills to include:
- Ability to implement change in a positive, sensitive, and forward- thinking manner
- Ability to collaborate and promote teamwork
- Positive, can-do attitude coupled with a sense of urgency
- Ability to develop and motivate staff
- Ability to problem solve in a complex, multi-functional group
- Ability to create a trusting, positive, and supportive work environment
- Ability to function independently and deal with multiple, simultaneous projects
- Ability to operate in high-pressure situations
- Knowledge of quality control, quality assurance principles and proficiency testing procedures
- Superb attention to details
- Excellent customer service skills, business etiquette, able to adhere to professional standards
- Practical knowledge of routine laboratory equipment and procedures
Working Environment: Office/ Medical Clinic
Start your career journey and become a part of a community of renowned Healthcare professionals. Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s fastest growing, multispecialty organization with more than 40 premier locations and over 65 specialties. Our clinics are comprised of more than 600 physicians and as we continue to grow, our focus is providing quality patient care by adding to our team of clinical and non-clinical professionals that work together in a convenient, coordinated, and collaborative manner. Enjoy the rewards of a successful career while maintaining a work/life balance by joining our team today and changing the way health cares.
Why Kelsey-Seybold Clinic?
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Matching 401K
- Employee Reward and Recognition Program
- Paid time off for vacation, sick, and holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education allowance
Supervisor Clinical Laboratory – Lab Services