This is a primarily mobile position. The Patient Service Technician (PST) Float will:
• Perform pediatric and adult venipunctures, finger sticks, heel sticks, and other collection services as ordered by the provider.
• Perform CLIA waived testing (i.e. urine dip, pregnancy tests, finger stick blood glucose levels, fecal occult blood tests, rapid influenza tests, finger stick PT/INR, monospots, sed rates, rapid streps) as described in the laboratory procedure manual with minimal/no supervision.
• Maintain accurate laboratory records and make available for inspections /audits by Lab Supervisor, Lab Director, Lab Consultant and CLIA Surveyors.
• Perform necessary quality controls; participate in proficiency testing program as required,
• Maintain lab instruments as indicated by manufacturer recommendations and will follow all safety guidelines in effect.
• Accepts assignments to various work locations to include nursing facilities, residential homes and within the Kelsey-Seybold Clinic’s geographic locations and schedules as required.
Job Title: Patient Service Technician II-Float
Clinic Location: Main Campus
**Will travel between these locations: Memorial Villages, Stafford, Memorial City, Westchase and Tanglewood
Department: Lab Services
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $37,669 – $46,530 (Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc.)
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred: Certificate of completion from an accredited phlebotomy program
Required: 3 years of directly related experience as phlebotomist in a patient service center, clinic, or hospital setting. 1 year of waived testing and specimen processing experience in clinical setting
Preferred: 5+ years of direct experience working in a Patient Service Center, clinic, or hospital setting
Required: Valid driver’s license. Must obtain BLS within 30 days of employment
Preferred: Certified Phlebotomist or Certified/Registered Medical Assistant. Member of an accredited phlebotomy National organization
Required: Those hired into this position must complete the KSC review/skill validation program within 90 days of hire. Able to use related equipment. Experience with computers and Windows-based software. Ability to practice good customer service principles and practices.
Preferred: Bi-lingual or multi-lingual. Ability to use Microsoft software applications including Word and Excel. Knowledge of electronic medical record systems.
Prior EPIC experience
Required: Ability to speak, write and understand English. Ability to work independently or in a team environment. Acceptable driving record. Reliable transportation.
Valid vehicle insurance. Flexibility to work overtime as needed. Travel to additional sites when needed
Working Environment: Clinic
Start your career journey and become a part of a community of renowned Healthcare professionals. Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s fastest growing, multispecialty organization with more than 40 premier locations and over 65 specialties. Our clinics are comprised of more than 600 physicians and as we continue to grow, our focus is providing quality patient care by adding to our team of clinical and non-clinical professionals that work together in a convenient, coordinated, and collaborative manner. Enjoy the rewards of a successful career while maintaining a work/life balance by joining our team today and changing the way health cares.
Why Kelsey-Seybold Clinic?
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Matching 401K
- Employee Reward and Recognition Program
- Paid time off for vacation, sick, and holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education allowance