Under the direct supervision of the Clinical Laboratory Supervisor and Manager, the Float Medical Technologist is responsible for providing efficient and accurate analysis of specimens processed in the clinical laboratory to provide for quality patient care services. Float Technologist will work variable shifts and/or locations and provide staffing flexibility when responding to workload fluctuations. This position exercises good judgment by using critical thinking skills and deals with issue resolution concerning the day-to-day technical operation of the laboratory.
Job Title: Medical Technologist I/II – Sign-On Bonus: $2,500
Clinic Location: North Houston Campus
Department: Lab Services
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $64,369 – $86,731 (Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc.)
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology, or related science.
Associate degree in Medical Laboratory Technology required for Technician candidates.
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST I
• 1-3 years of clinical laboratory testing
• Will consider clinical rotations as experience from accredited institution.
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST II
• 4+ years of clinical laboratory testing
• Will consider clinical rotations as experience from accredited institution
Required: ASCP eligible. Valid driver’s license
Preferred: ASCP certification or equivalent
Required: Knowledge and skills to perform procedures in Chemistry, Hematology, Immunology, Coagulation, and Urinalysis
Required: Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to deliver organized and concise presentations tailored to audience. Excellent time management skills- ability to work independently and prioritize tasks to efficiently manage lab operations. Effective leadership skills to include:
- Ability to implement change in a positive, sensitive, and forward- thinking manner.
- Ability to collaborate and promote teamwork.
- Positive, can-do attitude coupled with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to create a trusting, positive, and supportive work environment.
- Ability to operate in high-pressure situations.
- Knowledge of quality control, quality assurance principles and proficiency testing procedures relating to waived testing
- Knowledge of CAP, and CLIA regulations related to work area.
- Superb attention to details.
- Excellent customer service skills, business etiquette, able to adhere to professional standards.
- Practical knowledge of routine laboratory equipment and procedures
Working Environment: Office and Clinic
Start your career journey and become a part of a community of renowned Healthcare professionals. Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s fastest growing, multispecialty organization with more than 40 premier locations and over 65 specialties. Our clinics are comprised of more than 600 physicians and as we continue to grow, our focus is providing quality patient care by adding to our team of clinical and non-clinical professionals that work together in a convenient, coordinated, and collaborative manner. Enjoy the rewards of a successful career while maintaining a work/life balance by joining our team today and changing the way health cares.
Why Kelsey-Seybold Clinic?
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Matching 401K
- Employee Reward and Recognition Program
- Paid time off for vacation, sick, and holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education allowance
Medical Technologist I/II – Lab Services