The Medical Assistant will provide supportive patient care functions for an assigned clinical area, under the supervision of a Physician, Registered Nurse, or Licensed Vocational Nurse, ensuring the safety and comfort of patients and families according to legal, organizational, and professional standards. Some duties may be delegated to the MA by the physician or RN.
Medical Assistant II positions require additional duties which include administration of injectables and or other high-level skill performance.
Job Title: Medical Assistant (MA I/II, CMA I/II, RMA I/II)
Clinic Location: Meyerland
Department: Internal Medicine
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $37,669 – $46,530 (Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc.)
Required: High School diploma or GED from an accredited program and Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant program or school.
- MA I – 1 year of directly related experience as a medical assistant OR Successful completion of an externship.
- MA II – 5 years of experience as a Medical Assistant.
- CMA I – This is an entry-level role. No experience required.
- CMA II – 3 years of directly related experience as a Medical Assistant OR successful completion of an externship at Kelsey-Seybold with 6 months of experience for MAs or CMAs hired prior to and active as of November 1, 2015, with no breaks in service.
Preferred: Ambulatory Care experience. Successful completion of an externship at Kelsey-Seybold
Required: MA I/II – No license required. CMA I/II and RMA I/II – Certified or Registered as a Medical Assistant
Preferred: MA I – Certification within 1 year of hire date.
Required: MA I/II, CMA I/II, RMA I/II – Those hired into this position must complete the review/skill validation program within 90 days of hire. Able to use equipment and related supplies for selected patient population. Computer experience. Basic Medical/Nursing terminology
Preferred: Windows bases computer skills. EPIC experience, Bilingual
Required: MA I/II, CMA I/II, RMA I/II – Current and Valid BLS from American Heart Association. MA II – Complete the module specific program(s) for MA II (e.g., Immunizations-primary, Immunizations-OB/GYN, Wound Care, etc.)
Working Environment: Clinic
Start your career journey and become a part of a community of renowned Healthcare professionals. Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s fastest growing, multispecialty organization with more than 40 premier locations and over 65 specialties. Our clinics are comprised of more than 600 physicians and as we continue to grow, our focus is providing quality patient care by adding to our team of clinical and non-clinical professionals that work together in a convenient, coordinated, and collaborative manner. Enjoy the rewards of a successful career while maintaining a work/life balance by joining our team today and changing the way health cares.
Why Kelsey-Seybold Clinic?
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Matching 401K
- Employee Reward and Recognition Program
- Paid time off for vacation, sick, and holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education allowance